Thursday, June 29, 2006

I have seen Life and I have seen Death....................and the more I see Death, the more i realize how beautiful Life is.
It is unbelievable how most of the mankind fails to realize how lucky they are to be alive. Each day when we read a Newspaper or see a News Channel (Though I must say that the number of News Channels have grown and their quality proportionally gone down), we come across umpteen cases of either people ending their lives or someone's life being put to an end due to someone's mistake. Life is slowly losing it's meaning.
I know that poeple committing suicide must have a very strong and seemingly valid reason to end their life, but i fail to understand any of their reasons and justifications each time I see a patient die in the wards with that look in his eye, saying just one thing to me............'Save me...........I don't wanna die'
Each time I hear the wails of relatives seeing their loved ones go, and each time I see that fear of unknown and that invisible tear in the eyes of children of the person expired or the unbelieving eyes of the father......... I cry too.
The feeling of helplesness is excruciating. And nothing is worse than this.
And then next morning when I read a Newspaper, I read that a Lover committed suicide jus beacuse some arrogant and orthodox villagers won't allow him to continue with his marriage with a woman from another caste..... I cry more. Poeple, with their egotistical and stubborn notions and beliefs, want to decide everything on their own, forgetting how each life and each of the circumstances is unique in itself. They waste life........... both theirs and others'.
We ought to start realizing how fortunate we are to be healthy and alive. And we have to learn to respect that.
Here is a beautiful poem by Charlotte Bronte

Life

LIFE, believe, is not a dream
So dark as sages say;
Oft a little morning rain
Foretells a pleasant day.

Sometimes there are clouds of gloom,
But these are transient all;
If the shower will make the roses bloom,
O why lament its fall ?

Rapidly, merrily,Life's sunny hours flit by,
Gratefully, cheerily,Enjoy them as they fly !
What though Death at times steps in
And calls our Best away ?
What though sorrow seems to win,
O'er hope, a heavy sway ?

Yet hope again elastic springs,
Unconquered, though she fell;
Still buoyant are her golden wings,
Still strong to bear us well.
Manfully, fearlessly,
The day of trial bear,
For gloriously, victoriously,
Can courage quell despair !


Life is beautiul.......... believe me, coz I have seen what is not. So look at it with respect, not just yours, but other's too.....
God Bless you all.

3 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Blue Panther said...

WOW...Avinash dude I feel really glad that I introduced you to blogger...Excellent post and on an excellent subject and as I said before, your job helps yougo through so many experiences in life that most of us do no have access to. I will be looking forward to your further posts.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Great post! I hope theres more to come, I will keep checking back!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Absolutely touching post. I wish everyone would read it. Can't wait to read more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home